Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sunshine & Tropical Getaways


Can you smell it? Salt water, coconuts and fresh tropical flowers. The scents of a Caribbean destination.

I am ecstatic to announce that in one month, Wayne and I will be flying to the Virgin Islands for an amazing 10 day tropical vacation.
We rented an adorable condo at Pineapple Village in St Thomas as well as a jeep for driving the mountains and rough terrain. In addition to staying on St. Thomas, we'll be ferrying to the other islands such as St. John, St Croix and the British Virgin Island, Jost Van Dyke.

Even though it's a U.S territory, people drive on the left side of the road in the U.S Virgin Islands (USVI). Because of this, I have decided to let Wayne do all the driving. You can bet I'll be chanting, stay left! stay left! stay left! the whole trip!
:)

Our itinerary so far includes:

1. Snorkeling as much as possible
2. Taking a tour of the Cruzan Rum Factory on St. Croix

3. Visiting Coral world (it's like a sea world from what I understand)

4. Going parasailing (which is on my bucket list!!!)

5. Taking a Tan Tan Tour of the Tide pools, and possibly the rain forest

6. Taking a ferry to the British side to see the Virgin Gorda

7. Shopping in Charlotte Amalie

8. Tons of beach time!

9. Driving all over and exploring as much as possible.


Have any of you been to the Virgin Islands before? I would love to hear your stories!

Happy Travels!
~KBR

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope you guys have a great time! Take lots of pictures!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Katie Bug!!! We have to hang out before I leave, I miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it!! When do you guys leave? We should plan something for the 30th of this month! I miss your face too!

    Since everyone is doing it, I ended up making a blog too lol
    http://katie-sasser.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! we'll be blog buddies Katie!

    We are leaving on the 14th so the end of the month sounds great! Maybe you all can get a sitter and we can have a small get together at mi casa! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete