Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sunshine & Food Adventures



Topic 1
I've been watching Hell's Kitchen this season and one of my favorite parts of the competition is when they compete in the Palette testing.

Chef Ramsey blindfolds the chefs and gives each of them a bite of something - salmon, passion fruit, sour cream - etc. They have to rely on taste and smell alone to tell them what they are eating. The more correct guesses, the more advanced or cultured their palette is.

Sounds easy doesn't it? It's not.. you wouldn't believe some of the wrong answers the contestants give. One chef thought a bite of filet mignon was fish! I'm thinking reallly??? Makes me wonder how advanced my palette is. I've been hinting to my husband that it would be a fun activity to try out sometime. When we get around to it, I'll make sure to blog about our adventure.
 
Topic 2
I was talking with a coworker when the subject of progressive eating came up. I discovered that a progressive meal is where you order an appetizer at one restaurant, go to a different restaurant for the main entree, and end up having dessert at the third and final restaurant.

Sounds like a lot of work for one meal, but on the other hand, it sounds like a food adventure waiting to happen!

Readers, Have you ever had a progressive lunch or dinner? What are you thoughts?

I can't see myself making a habit out of it, but I would like to try it at least once.
Happy Eating
KBR

5 comments: