Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sunshine & Resale


I find myself asking the question, what do I want to be when I "grow up" ?

Of course Wayne and I plan on starting a family, but when the time comes, I only plan on being a stay at home mom the first few years. Then what? Go back to J.B Hunt and continue on with my Transportation career?

I'm just not sure.

I've always had things I've liked to do growing up but they either take mad skills that I don't have or years and years in college which I also don't have. Granted I could work on my degree, but that would take the fun out of a quick answer. A golden solution.

One idea I've kicked around is opening a really clean, really up to date resale store. Not so much knick knacks, but nice gently used furniture, home decore, etc... Definitely no clothes though.


I absolutely love going garage salin' so I can only imagine how fun it would be to run a resale shop. Half of my job would be searching for hidden gems, digging through flea markets and such. As much as I love treasure hunting, It would also be a ton of work! I would have to get a loan,  find the right property, buy storage for items not ready to be sold, hire staff (at least one other person) and then figure out how to run a business! There would be a lot of financial responsibility on my shoulders. I'm not sure if I could handle it alone.

It's a pretty far fetched dream, but at this point in my life I'm not sure what else to pursue.

Maybe I should give it to God and let him worry about the plan for my life. Much easier said than done though. I guess only time, opportunity and inspiration will tell!

KBR

No comments:

Post a Comment